|Job Title:||Airworthiness Surveyor|
|Location:||Gatwick, Manchester or Stirling|
|Salary:||Up to £65k depending on skills and relevant experience|
|Job Description PDF :||View Description|
We are currently recruiting for an Airworthiness Surveyor to become a key member of our Airworthiness Department. You will manage the Performance Based Regulatory Oversight of all types of approved airworthiness organisations and individuals. You will ensure compliance with national and international civil aviation requirements and you may carry out tasks for other bodies through the CAA's consultancy arm, CAAi.
You will primarily be responsible for the oversight of your allocated approved organisations. You will however, support the work of others within Airworthiness and other areas of the CAA. You may also be required to undertake project work on behalf of your direct manager or represent the CAA in forums including national or international collaborative activities.
For this Gatwick based role, you will have completed a recognised aeronautical engineering apprenticeship. You will need to hold an EASA Part-66 B1 or B2 License endorsed for modern complex aircraft, balanced with HNC, HND or an appropriate engineering degree. We're also looking for someone with extensive relevant experience in aviation Part-M and Part-145 organisations.
• We are looking for a good communicator with the ability to evaluate, analyse and ensure compliance against safety objectives whilst remaining flexible and proportional in your approach.
• You need a good knowledge of regulatory rules coupled with personal attributes to engage and be influential within industry. Given the level of influencing and negotiation that the role requires, management experience would be a distinct advantage.
• You should be familiar with regulatory requirements such as the Air Navigation Order, BCARs, EASA Regulations and advisory material.
• Your experience of Quality Management Systems will be matched by a good grasp of IT and Safety Management Systems used within aviation.
Interview Date: 11th-23rd February 2019.
Working with us
The CAA is committed to smarter working arrangements and will consider all applications. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition. The CAA embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
We offer a range of excellent benefits such as flexible working arrangements, 28 days annual leave, a competitive pension scheme and much more.
|Closing Date:||3rd February 2019|
This position is now closed and no longer accepting applications.
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) recognises the importance of privacy protection, and acts in compliance with all applicable privacy laws. Please review this document carefully. It contains information regarding the terms of collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal information submitted through the CAA’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and your usage of the ATS.
Use of Candidate Information
The CAA's HR team collects and stores your personal details (ie name, contact details, qualifications, right to work, etc.) for the purposes of recruiting and hiring suitable candidates for employment by the CAA
1. CAA rely on your consent to process your personal information. By consenting to this notice, you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purpose identified.
2. Processing of your personal information is required for the performance of a contract with you/or in order for us to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
3. The processing of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which CAA is subject.
4. The processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a task CAA carries out in the public interest or official authority vested in us in accordance with UK/EU law.
Information provided electronically by users of CAA's ATS will be utilised by CAA, and shared with its contracted agents (Penna and Government Recruitment Services), and representatives for the purpose of recruiting and hiring suitable candidates for employment by the CAA.
Types of Information
CAA's ATS maintains personal information that you voluntarily submit electronically on one or more secured servers. The CAA will delete all personal information associated with unsuccessful applications after two years following an unsuccessful application. If your application results in an offer, CAA retain your personal information for the duration of our relationship with you, following which condensed employee file details are kept for 7 years. Thereafter, personal details (including full name, years of service, date and reason for leaving) are kept for a period of 30 years to enable CAA to provide information for referencing requests.
Accuracy of Information
You are responsible for ensuring that all information submitted by you and contained within the ATS is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Knowingly submitting inaccurate, false, or misleading information may make you ineligible for consideration for employment opportunities, and in some cases where CAA rely upon such information, may lead to termination of employment with CAA. CAA takes all reasonable steps to ensure that information collected within the ATS by its employees and representatives is correct, however, CAA will rely upon you to access the ATS periodically to update or verify your personal information and to confirm your willingness to receive communications from CAA.
Withdrawing from Participation
Participants in CAA's ATS should contact CAA via email directed to: FOI.firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicating whether they wish to withdraw from a particular competition or alternatively, from all participation in the ATS. Further rights as a data subject can be found here. Contact details of the CAA's Data Protection Officer can be found here. You have a right to complain to the ICO about the CAA's processing of personal data.
Acceptance of the Data Protection Agreement
In order to submit an application, you must consent to the above Data Protection Agreement. You may withdraw your consent at any time. By checking this box you are indicating that you understand and agree to the Data Protection Agreement herein; and you consent to be contacted via electronic messages, telephone and post for the purposes of recruitment, hiring and human resources management.
*If you do not agree to the Data Protection Agreement, your application will not be processed and a candidate profile will not be created in CAA's Applicant Tracking System (ATS).