|Job Title:||Consultant in Psychiatry - Addiction Disorders|
|Type:||Casual Contract - 12 months|
|Salary:||£1,050 per day|
We have a number of Consultant Advisors who work with the Medical Assessors to assess the fitness of pilots to fly and Air Traffic Control Officers to control aircraft. We are looking for an additional advisor in psychiatry, specialising in addiction disorders.
As a consultant, you’ll attend clinics at Gatwick usually for one day a fortnight with some flexibility of volume and timing. You'll also have the opportunity to influence CAA policy and involve yourself in audit, research and training.
Description of Deliverables
- Undertake clinical consultations with applicants for, and holders of, an aviation related medical certificate. You'll need to report the outcome of functional capability and risk of medical incapacity so that medical fitness can be established by the Medical Assessors of the CAA. You'll also need to provide specialist advice on clinical issues relating to the fitness decision.
- Request additional clinical investigations to be carried out at Aviation House as required e.g. blood tests, hair sampling.
- Liaise with staff at the CAA’s Medical Department as required in carrying out the above.
- Review and report on clinical tests and medical examination reports submitted by certificate applicants or holders or their Aeromedical Examiners (AMEs) in terms of functional capability and risk of medical incapacity.
- Participate in case conferences as required by the CAA with members of the Medical Capability Team concerning individual cases.
- Provide comment on certification and other policy matters, as required.
- Agree attendances and an anticipated number of hours with the Medical department, normally 3 months in advance.
Specialist Knowledge, Skills and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- You should be a registered medical practitioner with a License to Practise.
- You should be a GMC-accredited specialist in addictions psychiatry in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Demonstrate an interest in aviation/occupational/regulatory medicine.
Interview Dates: 26th and 27th February 2019
Working with us
We are committed to smarter working arrangements and will consider all applications. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition. We embrace diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
On a casual contract you will be entitled to join our great pension scheme and take advantage of our CAA Affinity retailer discount programme.
|Closing Date:||11th January 2019|
This position is now closed and no longer accepting applications.
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) recognises the importance of privacy protection, and acts in compliance with all applicable privacy laws. Please review this document carefully. It contains information regarding the terms of collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal information submitted through the CAA’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and your usage of the ATS.
Use of Candidate Information
The CAA's HR team collects and stores your personal details (ie name, contact details, qualifications, right to work, etc.) for the purposes of recruiting and hiring suitable candidates for employment by the CAA
1. CAA rely on your consent to process your personal information. By consenting to this notice, you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purpose identified.
2. Processing of your personal information is required for the performance of a contract with you/or in order for us to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
3. The processing of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which CAA is subject.
4. The processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a task CAA carries out in the public interest or official authority vested in us in accordance with UK/EU law.
Information provided electronically by users of CAA's ATS will be utilised by CAA, and shared with its contracted agents (Penna and Government Recruitment Services), and representatives for the purpose of recruiting and hiring suitable candidates for employment by the CAA.
Types of Information
CAA's ATS maintains personal information that you voluntarily submit electronically on one or more secured servers. The CAA will delete all personal information associated with unsuccessful applications after two years following an unsuccessful application. If your application results in an offer, CAA retain your personal information for the duration of our relationship with you, following which condensed employee file details are kept for 7 years. Thereafter, personal details (including full name, years of service, date and reason for leaving) are kept for a period of 30 years to enable CAA to provide information for referencing requests.
Accuracy of Information
You are responsible for ensuring that all information submitted by you and contained within the ATS is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Knowingly submitting inaccurate, false, or misleading information may make you ineligible for consideration for employment opportunities, and in some cases where CAA rely upon such information, may lead to termination of employment with CAA. CAA takes all reasonable steps to ensure that information collected within the ATS by its employees and representatives is correct, however, CAA will rely upon you to access the ATS periodically to update or verify your personal information and to confirm your willingness to receive communications from CAA.
Withdrawing from Participation
Participants in CAA's ATS should contact CAA via email directed to: FOI.email@example.com. Indicating whether they wish to withdraw from a particular competition or alternatively, from all participation in the ATS. Further rights as a data subject can be found here. Contact details of the CAA's Data Protection Officer can be found here. You have a right to complain to the ICO about the CAA's processing of personal data.
Acceptance of the Data Protection Agreement
In order to submit an application, you must consent to the above Data Protection Agreement. You may withdraw your consent at any time. By checking this box you are indicating that you understand and agree to the Data Protection Agreement herein; and you consent to be contacted via electronic messages, telephone and post for the purposes of recruitment, hiring and human resources management.
*If you do not agree to the Data Protection Agreement, your application will not be processed and a candidate profile will not be created in CAA's Applicant Tracking System (ATS).