|Job Title:||Safety Analyst|
|Salary:||Up to £30,000pa - dependent on experience|
|Job Description PDF :||View Description|
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is the UK’s specialist aviation regulator. Through its skills and expertise it is recognised as a world leader in its field. Our activities are diverse and ensure that the aviation industry continues to meet the highest safety standards and is able to operate in a modern and efficient airspace.
The Intelligence team supports SARG’s (Safety & Airspace Regulation Group) needs for information by proactively acquiring and analysing all data necessary to robustly identify ongoing and, where possible, future “system-wide” safety and airspace issues. It generates the information to allow us to decide what actions to take and tracks the effectiveness of actions designed to address those issues.
Establishes, prepares and maintains safety datasets to allow analyses to be performed, and provides analysis support for performance-based oversight, Regulatory SMS, risk picture creation, both internal and external analysis requests and to meet other ad hoc requests serviced by the Intelligence team.
Also acts as a custodian of the CAA’s safety intelligence and data manipulation processes.
What we’re looking for
- A degree in a numerate discipline, e.g. mathematical or related, or relevant experience.
- Extensive industry experience
- Proven, broad analytical ability, together with strong verbal and written presentation skills and ability to communicate complex messages in a clear and concise manner.
- Well-developed IT skills with advanced knowledge and experience of Excel.
- Methodical and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive data to a professional standard with a sound grasp of associated confidentiality, legal and press interest related issues.
- Aviation and/or regulatory knowledge and experience are desirable.
- Understanding of the principles of safety management systems (SMS).
The focus of this particular vacancy is to conduct the above activities in support of our Aerodromes, Airspace and ATM Capability Team, so experience or knowledge in these sectors of the industry is preferable.
Working with us
The CAA is committed to smarter working arrangements and will consider all applications.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition. The CAA embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
Interview Dates: Friday 4th May 2018
If that sounds like you, please get in contact.
|Closing Date:||18th April 2018|
This position is now closed and no longer accepting applications.
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) recognises the importance of privacy protection, and acts in compliance with all applicable privacy laws. Please review this document carefully. It contains information regarding the terms of collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal information submitted through the CAA’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and your usage of the ATS.
Use of Candidate Information
The CAA's HR team collects and stores your personal details (ie name, contact details, qualifications, right to work, etc.) for the purposes of recruiting and hiring suitable candidates for employment by the CAA
1. CAA rely on your consent to process your personal information. By consenting to this notice, you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purpose identified.
2. Processing of your personal information is required for the performance of a contract with you/or in order for us to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
3. The processing of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which CAA is subject.
4. The processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a task CAA carries out in the public interest or official authority vested in us in accordance with UK/EU law.
Information provided electronically by users of CAA's ATS will be utilised by CAA, and shared with its contracted agents (Penna and Government Recruitment Services), and representatives for the purpose of recruiting and hiring suitable candidates for employment by the CAA.
Types of Information
CAA's ATS maintains personal information that you voluntarily submit electronically on one or more secured servers. The CAA will delete all personal information associated with unsuccessful applications after two years following an unsuccessful application. If your application results in an offer, CAA retain your personal information for the duration of our relationship with you, following which condensed employee file details are kept for 7 years. Thereafter, personal details (including full name, years of service, date and reason for leaving) are kept for a period of 30 years to enable CAA to provide information for referencing requests.
Accuracy of Information
You are responsible for ensuring that all information submitted by you and contained within the ATS is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Knowingly submitting inaccurate, false, or misleading information may make you ineligible for consideration for employment opportunities, and in some cases where CAA rely upon such information, may lead to termination of employment with CAA. CAA takes all reasonable steps to ensure that information collected within the ATS by its employees and representatives is correct, however, CAA will rely upon you to access the ATS periodically to update or verify your personal information and to confirm your willingness to receive communications from CAA.
Withdrawing from Participation
Participants in CAA's ATS should contact CAA via email directed to: FOI.email@example.com. Indicating whether they wish to withdraw from a particular competition or alternatively, from all participation in the ATS. Further rights as a data subject can be found here. Contact details of the CAA's Data Protection Officer can be found here. You have a right to complain to the ICO about the CAA's processing of personal data.
Acceptance of the Data Protection Agreement
In order to submit an application, you must consent to the above Data Protection Agreement. You may withdraw your consent at any time. By checking this box you are indicating that you understand and agree to the Data Protection Agreement herein; and you consent to be contacted via electronic messages, telephone and post for the purposes of recruitment, hiring and human resources management.
*If you do not agree to the Data Protection Agreement, your application will not be processed and a candidate profile will not be created in CAA's Applicant Tracking System (ATS).