|Job Title:||Safety Analyst|
|Salary:||Up to £30,000pa - dependent on experience|
|Job Description PDF :||View Description|
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is the UK’s specialist aviation regulator. Through its skills and expertise it is recognised as a world leader in its field. Our activities are diverse and ensure that the aviation industry continues to meet the highest safety standards and is able to operate in a modern and efficient airspace.
The Intelligence team supports SARG’s (Safety & Airspace Regulation Group) needs for information by proactively acquiring and analysing all data necessary to robustly identify ongoing and, where possible, future “system-wide” safety and airspace issues. It generates the information to allow us to decide what actions to take and tracks the effectiveness of actions designed to address those issues.
Establishes, prepares and maintains safety datasets to allow analyses to be performed, and provides analysis support for performance-based oversight, Regulatory SMS, risk picture creation, both internal and external analysis requests and to meet other ad hoc requests serviced by the Intelligence team.
Also acts as a custodian of the CAA’s safety intelligence and data manipulation processes.
What we’re looking for
- A degree in a numerate discipline, e.g. mathematical or related, or relevant experience.
- Extensive industry experience
- Proven, broad analytical ability, together with strong verbal and written presentation skills and ability to communicate complex messages in a clear and concise manner.
- Well-developed IT skills with advanced knowledge and experience of Excel.
- Methodical and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive data to a professional standard with a sound grasp of associated confidentiality, legal and press interest related issues.
- Aviation and/or regulatory knowledge and experience are desirable.
- Understanding of the principles of safety management systems (SMS).
The focus of this particular vacancy is to conduct the above activities in support of our Aerodromes, Airspace and ATM Capability Team, so experience or knowledge in these sectors of the industry is preferable.
Working with us
The CAA is committed to smarter working arrangements and will consider all applications.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition. The CAA embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
Interview Dates: Friday 4th May 2018
If that sounds like you, please get in contact.
|Closing Date:||18th April 2018|
This position is now closed and no longer accepting applications.