|Job Title:||UAS Sector Inspector|
|Salary:||Up to £51-56k depending on skills and relevant experience|
|Job Description PDF :||View Description|
Working as part of the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) unit, you will audit the safety of UAS organisations/operators and assess their compliance with regulations, in line with Performance Based Regulations (PBR) principles. As a technical expert you will assist the UAS Sector team, UAS Technical Policy team and Shared Service Centre (SSC) in achieving the CAA's aims in relation to UAS and their safe use.
You will be expected to fully engage with internal and external groups as necessary to ensure the effective management of UAS safety risks in the UK CAA's Regulatory Management System. You will deliver an effective UAS oversight regime, liaising closely with the UAS Policy Team, the SSC team and Investigation and Enforcement Team.
You will also be required to assist in the assessment of non-standard UAS permissions/Operating safety cases and ensure efficient and effective partner engagement over non-standard permissions.
• Engineering degree, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's License or equivalent experience.
• Detailed knowledge of the functioning of UAS regulation through meaningful and relevant experience.
• Oversight/audit experience.
• Knowledge of wider aviation matters and knowledge of national rules that govern UAS is desirable.
• Personal attributes of the post holder will include: team worker with flexible and adaptable work ethos.
• We are looking for someone with excellent communications skills across all levels and to produce concise, unambiguous discussion papers for presentation at various bodies within the CAA and Industry.
If you'd like the opportunity to influence air operating regulations and work for a respected worldwide regulatory authority, please get in contact.
Interview Date: Monday 5th November 2018
Working with us
The CAA is committed to smarter working arrangements and will consider all applications. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition. The CAA embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
We offer a range of fantastic benefits such as flexible working arrangements, 28 days annual leave, a competitive pension scheme and much more.
|Closing Date:||24th October 2018|
This position is now closed and no longer accepting applications.
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) recognises the importance of privacy protection, and acts in compliance with all applicable privacy laws. Please review this document carefully. It contains information regarding the terms of collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal information submitted through the CAA’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and your usage of the ATS.
Use of Candidate Information
The CAA's HR team collects and stores your personal details (ie name, contact details, qualifications, right to work, etc.) for the purposes of recruiting and hiring suitable candidates for employment by the CAA
1. CAA rely on your consent to process your personal information. By consenting to this notice, you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purpose identified.
2. Processing of your personal information is required for the performance of a contract with you/or in order for us to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
3. The processing of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which CAA is subject.
4. The processing of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a task CAA carries out in the public interest or official authority vested in us in accordance with UK/EU law.
Information provided electronically by users of CAA's ATS will be utilised by CAA, and shared with its contracted agents (Penna and Government Recruitment Services), and representatives for the purpose of recruiting and hiring suitable candidates for employment by the CAA.
Types of Information
CAA's ATS maintains personal information that you voluntarily submit electronically on one or more secured servers. The CAA will delete all personal information associated with unsuccessful applications after two years following an unsuccessful application. If your application results in an offer, CAA retain your personal information for the duration of our relationship with you, following which condensed employee file details are kept for 7 years. Thereafter, personal details (including full name, years of service, date and reason for leaving) are kept for a period of 30 years to enable CAA to provide information for referencing requests.
Accuracy of Information
You are responsible for ensuring that all information submitted by you and contained within the ATS is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Knowingly submitting inaccurate, false, or misleading information may make you ineligible for consideration for employment opportunities, and in some cases where CAA rely upon such information, may lead to termination of employment with CAA. CAA takes all reasonable steps to ensure that information collected within the ATS by its employees and representatives is correct, however, CAA will rely upon you to access the ATS periodically to update or verify your personal information and to confirm your willingness to receive communications from CAA.
Withdrawing from Participation
Participants in CAA's ATS should contact CAA via email directed to: FOI.email@example.com. Indicating whether they wish to withdraw from a particular competition or alternatively, from all participation in the ATS. Further rights as a data subject can be found here. Contact details of the CAA's Data Protection Officer can be found here. You have a right to complain to the ICO about the CAA's processing of personal data.
Acceptance of the Data Protection Agreement
In order to submit an application, you must consent to the above Data Protection Agreement. You may withdraw your consent at any time. By checking this box you are indicating that you understand and agree to the Data Protection Agreement herein; and you consent to be contacted via electronic messages, telephone and post for the purposes of recruitment, hiring and human resources management.
*If you do not agree to the Data Protection Agreement, your application will not be processed and a candidate profile will not be created in CAA's Applicant Tracking System (ATS).